Degree Apprenticeship: Chartered Manager
Our Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship is perfect for students wishing to enter or progress in a managerial role. This programme enables you to develop your skills through hands-on paid experience with an employer whilst working towards a full honours degree.
During the programme you will build your capability to successfully manage people, projects and operations as well as develop the knowledge, skills and competencies employers look for. You will study a range of subjects including strategy, marketing and finance. You will also choose elective modules to tailor your study to support your job role or career aspirations - or to meet the needs of your employer. This programme is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and, on successful completion, you will also be awarded a CMI Level 5 Diploma. You will also be equipped with the experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve Chartered Manager status.
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
Typically 4 years based on first time passes and completion of the programme
| Modes of study |
Our guided teaching is delivered through a mix of live webinars delivered by a BPP University tutor, recorded lectures and online learning material.
For students supplementing online delivery with face-to-face sessions, you will attend either a BPP University study centre or employer premises determined by your employer’s preference.
| Assessment |
100% coursework based, including written reports, skills-based projects and development of a professional development portfolio.
- Gain a full honours degree alongside practical, paid work experience
- Study alongside your work commitments, part-time online with access to live webinars delivered by a BPP University tutor, recorded lectures and online learning material
- Benefit from government funding rules - meaning your employer will pay the full cost of your programme
- Document your apprenticeship and showcase your skills through the development of a structured portfolio
- Achieve a CMI Level 5 Diploma and Chartered Manager status (subject to CMI interview)
- Create opportunities to apply knowledge in work-based situations in the highly experiential Professional Practice modules running throughout the programme
- Learn from the expertise, insights and teaching from academic tutors with several years’ commercial experience
- Take part in live discussions with fellow learners during live webinars and through course forums.
- Tailor your programme to your career aspirations or to meet the needs of your employer
- Receive one day a week dedicated study leave from your employer
- Benefit from assessments and projects that relate directly to practical challenges in your workplace
- Network with other apprentices through our collaborative learning environment and skills projects
- Develop knowledge and understanding of a wide range of key business disciplines, giving you the ability to interrogate internal and external factors impacting your organisation
- Develop key business skills and professional behaviours desired by employers
- Option to supplement your online teaching sessions with face-to-face inductions and masterclasses*