Help with CIMA
Frequently asked questions about studying CIMA with BPP
- What modes of studying are available at BPP for CIMA?
- How much does the CIMA qualification cost?
- How long does it take to complete the CIMA qualification?
- What is the structure of the of the CIMA qualification?
- What are the key exam dates for the CIMA qualification?
- What are the CIMA exam entry dates?
- When are the CIMA Exam results released?
What modes of studying are available at BPP for CIMA?
You can study In Centre Classroom in one of our conveniently located classroom across the UK, or you can learn online through BPP’s award winning Online Classroom Live or Online Classroom. You can use a combination of all three study modes if it suits you. For more information see our Ways to Study page.
Whichever study mode you choose with BPP, you will benefit from structured, motivational competency-based programmes that help you identify strengths and weaknesses, allowing you to progress through the qualification and achieve your goals. For more information visit Ways to study CIMA with BPP.
How much does the CIMA qualification cost?
You will find dates and prices published under the 'Dates and prices' tab of the CIMA programme page here.
For information regarding CIMA’s fees, please visit www.cimaglobal.com.
How long does it take to complete the CIMA qualification?
What is great about obtaining your CIMA qualification is that you can choose the pace of your study. We have created flexible study schedules that allow you to progress through the levels in the most appropriate way for you, from an accelerated 3-4 month route to 12 months per level. All routes provide you with structure but with more flexibility than ever before. See the Personalised progression through the CIMA qualification page for more information.
What is the structure of the of the CIMA qualification?
The CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting is for students with little or no experience in accounting. This qualification will allow students to learn the core business and finance skills requried for a career in accounting, as well as providing a formal entry route into the CIMA Professional Qualification.
- BA1 – Fundamentals of Business Economics
- BA2 – Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- BA3 – Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- BA4 – Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law
CIMA Professional Qualification
The CIMA syllabus is split into three pillars (Enterprise, Performance and Financial) and three levels (Operational, Management and Strategic). Each of these levels consists of three Objective Tests and one Case Study Exam constituting to 12 exams in total.
This is the first Professional level of the CIMA qualification and on successful completion you will be awarded the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting. The papers include:
- E1 – Organisational Management
- P1 – Management Accounting
- F1 – Financial Reporting and Taxation
- Operational Case Study Exam
Sitting in between Operational and Strategic levels of the CIMA qualification, this level focuses on the medium term and how to implement strategy decided at higher levels by translating lower levels. On completion you will be awarded the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting. Papers include:
- E2 – Project and Relationship Management
- P2 – Advanced Management Accounting
- F2 – Advanced Financial Reporting
- Management Case Study Exam
With a long term focus, the Strategic level is all about making strategic decisions and providing the context for which they will be implemented. This is the final level of the CIMA Professional Qualification. Papers include:
- E3 – Strategic Management
- P3 – Risk Management
- F3 – Financial Strategy
- Strategic Case Study Exam
For more information about the structure of the CIMA qualification visit our CIMA Programmes page.
What are the key exam dates for the CIMA qualification?
Objective Tests are computer based exams, which are 90 minutes long and have been designed and structured to assess higher levels of understanding. These are on demand so you can sit them when you are ready.
Case Study exams are 3 hours long and are also computer based, these are available in quarterly exam sittings
- 8 August 2017 - 12 August 2017
- 7 November 2017 - 11 November 2017
- 15 August 2017 - 19 August 2017
- 14 November 2017 - 18 November 2017
- 22 August 2017 - 26 August 2017
- 21 November 2017 - 25 November 2017
For more information about which Case Study Exam to aim for see our CIMA Study Schedule page.
What are the CIMA exam entry dates?
Objective Test Exams
These 90 minute computer based exams are on demand meaning you can take them when you are ready.
Case Study Exams
The number of papers you have left will determine when you should sit your Case Study Exam. For more information about which Case Study exam to aim for see our CIMA Study Schedule page.
Operational Case Study sittings
- 25 January 2017 - 25 July 2017 (August Case Study)
- 26 April 2017 - 24 October 2017 (November Case Study)
Management Case Study sittings
- 1 February 2017 - 1 August 2017 (August Case Study)
- 4 May 2017 - 31 October 2017 (November Case Study)
Strategic Case Study sittings
- 8 February 2017 - 8 August 2017 (August Case Study)
- 10 May 2017 - 7 November 2017 (November Case Study)
For more information about how to book your exam, please visit our Dates and Prices page.
When are the CIMA Exam results released?
Objective Test exam results
Objective Test exams are automatically marked therefore you will receive your results immediately.
Case Study results
- 22 June 2017 (May Case Study)
- 21 September 2017 (August Case Study)
- 21 December 2017 (November Case Study)
- 29 June 2017 (May Case Study)
- 28 September 2017 (August Case Study)
- 11 January 2018 (November Case Study)
- 6 July (May Case Study)
- 5 October 2017 (August Case Study)
- 11 January 2018 (November Case Study)