Help with CIMA
Frequently asked questions about studying CIMA with BPP
- What modes of studying are available at BPP for CIMA?
- How much does the CIMA qualification cost?
- How long does it take to complete the CIMA qualification?
- What is the structure of the of the CIMA qualification?
- What are the key exam dates for the CIMA qualification?
- What are the CIMA exam entry dates?
- When are the CIMA Exam results released?
What modes of studying are available at BPP for CIMA?
You can study In Centre Classroom in one of our conveniently located classroom across the UK, or you can learn online through BPP’s award winning Online Classroom Live or Online Classroom. You can use a combination of all three study modes if it suits you. For more information see our Ways to Study page.
Whichever study mode you choose with BPP, you will benefit from structured, motivational competency-based programmes that help you identify strengths and weaknesses, allowing you to progress through the qualification and achieve your goals. For more information visit Ways to study CIMA with BPP.
How much does the CIMA qualification cost?
You will find dates and prices published under the 'Dates and prices' tab of the CIMA programme page here.
For information regarding CIMA’s fees, please visit www.cimaglobal.com.
How long does it take to complete the CIMA qualification?
What is great about obtaining your CIMA qualification is that you can choose the pace of your study. We have created flexible study schedules that allow you to progress through the levels in the most appropriate way for you, from an accelerated 3-4 month route to 12 months per level. All routes provide you with structure but with more flexibility than ever before. See the Personalised progression through the CIMA qualification page for more information.
What is the structure of the of the CIMA qualification?
The Certificate level is the open entry route to the CIMA qualification and comprises of 5 papers. Programmes start every month and you can sit the exam whenever you are ready.
- C01 – Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- C02 – Fundamentals of Financial Accounting Mathematics
- C03 – Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- C04 – Fundamentals of Business Economics
- C05 – Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law
The Operational, Management and Strategic levels each consist of three Objective Tests (OT) and an Integrated Case Study (ICS).
This is the first Professional level of the CIMA qualification and on successful completion you will be awarded the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting. The papers include:
- E1 – Organisational Management
- P1 – Management Accounting
- F1 – Financial Reporting
- Integrated Case Study
Sitting in between Operational and Strategic levels of the CIMA qualification, this level focuses on the medium term and how to implement strategy decided at higher levels by translating lower levels. On completion you will be awarded the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting. Papers include:
- E2 – Project and Relationship Management
- P2 – Advanced Management Accounting
- F2 – Advanced Financial Reporting
- Integrated Case Study
With a long term focus, the Strategic level is all about making strategic decisions and providing the context for which they will be implemented. This is the final level of the CIMA Professional Qualification. Papers include:
- E3 – Strategic Management
- P3 – Risk Management
- F3 – Financial Strategy
- Integrated Case Study
For more information about the structure of the CIMA qualification visit our CIMA Programmes page.
What are the key exam dates for the CIMA qualification?
Objective Tests are computer based exams, which have been designed and structured to assess higher levels of understanding. These are on demand so you can sit them when you are ready.
Integrated Case Study exams are also computer based and are available in quarterly exam sittings
- 12 May - 16 May
- 11 August - 15 August
- 10 November - 14 November
- 19 May - 23 May
- 18 August - 22 August
- 17 November - 21 November
- 26 May - 30 May
- 25 August - 29 August
- 24 November - 28 November
For more information about which Integrated Case Study to aim for see our CIMA Study Schedule page.
What are the CIMA exam entry dates?
Objective Test Exams
These computer based exams are on demand meaning you can take them when you are ready.
Integrated Case Study Exams
The number of papers you have left will determine when you should sit your Integrated Case Study Exam. For more information about which Integrated Case Study to aim for see our CIMA Study Schedule page.
Operational ICS sittings
- 19 December (2014) - 27 April (May ICS sitting)
- 10 February - 27 June (August ICS sitting)
- 28 April - 26 October (November ICS sitting)
Management ICS sittings
- 19 December (2014) - 5 May (May ICS sitting)
- 17 February - 4 August (August ICS sitting)
- 6 May - 3 November (November ICS sitting)
Strategic ICS sittings
- 13 April (May ICS sitting)
- 13 July (August ICS sitting)
- 12 October (November ICS sitting)
For more information about how to book your exam, please visit our Dates and Prices page.
When are the CIMA Exam results released?
Objective Test exam results
Objective Test exams are automatically marked therefore you will receive your results immediately.
Integrated Case Study results
- 2 April (February ICS sitting)
- 18 June (May ICS sitting)
- 17 September (August ICS sitting)
- 17 December (November ICS sitting)
- 10 April (March ICS sitting)
- 25 June (May ICS sitting)
- 24 September (August ICS sitting)
- 4 January (2016) (November ICS sitting)
- 13 April (February ICS results)
- 29 June (May ICS Results)
- 28 September (August ICS Results)
- 29 December (November ICS Results)