Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
Driven by the demand for tooth alignment, general practitioners are increasingly being asked to provide orthodontic treatment. Dentists keen to participate in this area of expertise need to demonstrate the skills to identify suitable patients, the ability to provide conventional and contemporary orthodontic treatment and be aware of its limitations. This is exactly what this programme delivers, along with the vital core competencies to excel in this unique postgraduate area.
The objective of the MClinDent in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics is to provide dental surgeons with the core knowledge and clinical skills essential for the delivery of competent, high-quality dental care. It encompasses a blended learning approach and consists of a combination of lectures, seminars, workshops, clinical case discussions and laboratory sessions. The flexible modular structure enables the programme to meet a wide range of student needs. You will also have the opportunity to meet with colleagues from other programmes to consider different methods of managing patient cases with a multidisciplinary approach and develop sound judgement based on evidence.
The course enhances your skills in orthodontics without undertaking a training pathway.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics degree is awarded by BPP University.
BPP University Dental Institute, Birmingham
For full-time students some study will be completed at regional clinical centres nationwide in the UK and internationally
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
Three-years (part-time) placement in your own country
| Modes of study |
Full-time with UK clinical placement
Full-time with international clinical placement
| Assessment |
Written assignments, clinical examinations, presentations
|How to apply|
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
* For students undertaking the full-time with an international clinical placement option only, subject to contract.
- Boost your career by getting the knowledge and skills you need to expand your practice
- Programmes are delivered by postgraduate qualified dentists
- Learn front-line multidisciplinary approaches in the management of dental care
- Gain exposure to advanced dental treatment undertaken by expert dental academics in the UK, and if you decide to take the international placement you also gain clinical experience with patients*
- Flexible study scheduled to not interfere with your busy practice commitments
- Innovative training featuring the latest evidence-based patient care principles
- Benefit from exposure to a clinical environment in working specialist dental practices*
- Funding available through Scholarships, interest-free payment plans and Future Finance student loans^