Higher Apprenticeship in Professional Services - Audit/Accounting (ICAEW)
Level: 4 Higher Apprenticeship
This Higher Apprenticeship is an exciting route into the accountancy profession. Designed to help train and develop trainee auditors working in a professional services environment or an internal audit function of any employer. It is closely aligned with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Certificate in Finance and Business (CFAB) qualification, which means the apprentice will achieve a professional award as part of the apprenticeship. Once complete there is the opportunity to progress to become a qualified chartered accountant with the ICAEW qualification.
Suitable to train and develop talented staff in roles such as;
- External/internal audit trainee
- Finance assistant
- Finance junior
Qualifications & Study
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are centred on providing the practical training and knowledge required for an apprentice to become a productive and an effective member of a team quickly.
Apprentices will be provided with an individual learning plan that will map out how these new skills will be developed over the length of their apprenticeship.
The learning will incorporate online BPP professional training both live and recorded (to fit around their travel and work commitments) as well as face-to-face coaching and mentoring from their work based assessor.
Audit Higher Apprentice Level 4 covers;
- ICAEW - CFAB Qualification
The ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (ICAEW CFAB) is an internationally recognised certificate that provides essential knowledge in business, finance and accounting.
- Diploma in Audit Practice - Level 4
This is a new competence qualification that was designed by employers to reflect the skills they require from a trainee auditor. They include areas such as:
- IT skills
- Commercial awareness
- Time management
- Free 1 day Professional Development course from the BPP catalogue
Added value training for your apprentice free of charge covering topics such as time management, being an effective team player and influencing skills.
Length of programme
Level 4: 18-24 months
- Work in a relevant role for at least 30 hours a week
- Must not hold a level 4 or above qualification
- Provide the apprentice paid employment
- Support the apprentice to gain new skills
- Enable the apprentice one day per week to study
BPP expert & dedicated support
- Consultancy and tailoring: Dedicated advice from an experienced apprenticeships team to design and establish your School Leaver Programmes or programmes incorporating apprenticeships matching and tailoring the apprenticeship to fit your business needs and develop talent. This will ensure all the vital skills integral to your business are included within the apprenticeship.
- Recruitment: Through our free recruitment service we will also help find you the right person for the job and we will manage all the funding applications for you.
- Training & on-going support: Visits every 8-10 weeks from a dedicated Work Based Assessor will ensure your apprentice is on track to complete their work based experience and academic studies, and you will have the opportunity to feedback and tailor the programme further.
Rest assured you are in good hands with BPP.
- Find you a role: We will help find the prefect role for you with our recruitment service.
- Training & Support: Your dedicated work-based assessor will visit every 8-10 weeks to ensure you are progressing and answer any queries. They will also be on hand via email/phone should you need to contact them in-between visits too.
Funding from the government to cover some or all of the training costs is available.
- Apprentices aged 16-18 are fully funded
- Apprentices aged 19+ are part funded and an employer contribution will be required.
Additional charges associated with your studies
For learners aged 19+ the following costs apply, it is recommended that these are employer-funded.
Registration with ICEAW: £165
Note: memberships/admission fees with Professional Bodies may change annually – please refer to the appropriate website for details.
- Accounting: £65
- Assurance: £65
- Management Information: £65
- Law: £65
- Principles of Taxation: £65
- Business & Finance: £65
Re-sit fees to repeat apply at the same costs stated above.
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are unique in that they offer qualifications aligned with professional institutions which allows the apprentice can use this as the first step on the ladder and progress to further qualifications. For example, level 2 apprenticeship all the way through to a postgraduate chartered qualification or even an MBA with BPP University.