Level: 2, 3
This apprenticeship aims to train accountants to Technician Level (QCF Level 4), who are working for accountancy firms, or in finance or accounting in other organisations. It's relevant for any role within the accounting context, including sales and purchase ledger clerks, cashiers, assistant accountants and accounts managers.
Suitable to train and develop talented staff in roles such as;
- Accounting technician
- Accounts assistant
- Junior accountant
- Finance assistant
Qualifications & Study
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are centred on providing the practical training and knowledge required for an apprentice to become a productive and an effective member of a team quickly.
Apprentices will be provided with an individual learning plan that will map out how these new skills will be developed over the length of their apprenticeship.
The learning will incorporate online BPP professional training both live and recorded (to fit around their travel and work commitments) as well as face-to-face coaching and mentoring from their work based assessor.
Accounting Apprenticeship Levels 2 and 3 cover;
- Level 2/3 - Diploma in Accounting (AAT) or Level 3 Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (ACCA Foundations in Accounting).
- Free 1 day Professional Development course from the BPP catalogue - Added value training for your apprentice free of charge covering topics such as time management, being an effective team player and influencing skills.
- Functional skills - Level 2 only - To cover Maths, English and IT skills required to develop and thrive within business
Length of programme
- Level 2: Minimum 12 months
- Level 3: Minimum 12 months
- Work in a relevant role for at least 30 hours a week
- Must not hold a level 3 or above qualification
- Provide the apprentice paid employment
- Support the apprentice to gain new skills
- Enable the apprentice one day per week to study
BPP expert & dedicated support
- Consultancy and tailoring: Dedicated advice from an experienced apprenticeships team to design and establish your School Leaver Programmes or programmes incorporating apprenticeships matching and tailoring the apprenticeship to fit your business needs and develop talent. This will ensure all the vital skills integral to your business are included within the apprenticeship.
- Recruitment: Through our free recruitment service we'll also help find you the right person for the job and we'll manage all the funding applications for you.
- Training & on-going support: Your dedicated Work Based Assessor will ensure your apprentice is on track to complete their work based experience and academic studies, and you will have the opportunity to feedback and tailor the programme further.
Rest assured you are in good hands with BPP.
- Find you a role: We'll help find the perfect role for you with our recruitment service.
- Training & Support: Your dedicated work-based assessor will ensure you are progressing and answer any queries. They will also be on hand via email/phone should you need to contact them in-between visits too.
Funding from the government to cover some or all of the training costs is available.
- Apprentices aged 16-18 are fully funded
- Apprentices aged 19+ are part funded and an employer contribution will be required
Additional charges associated with your studies
For learners aged 19+ the following charges apply, it is recommended that these are employer-funded.
AAT (Applies to each level)
- Admission fee: £41
- Annual Membership fee: £88
AAT - Level 2
- Examination entries: £57
- Examination Resit: £57
AAT - Level 3
- Examination entries: £60
- Examination Resit: £60
Re-sit fees to repeat apply at the same costs stated above.
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are unique in that they offer qualifications aligned with professional institutions which allows the apprentice can use this as the first step on the ladder and progress to further qualifications. For example, level 2 apprenticeship all the way through to a postgraduate chartered qualification or even an MBA with BPP University.