BPP University College’s Careers Service offers a comprehensive range of services to enable you to achieve your career goals. For example, we can provide help and support to assist you in securing a graduate role on completion of your studies or help you develop your career skills and knowledge to enter or progress in a wide range of careers.
BPP University College’s Careers Service is quality assured through the Matrix Standard. The Matrix Standard is the nationally accepted quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career.
- To provide a professional service tailored to meet the needs of individual students and support them in securing employment
- Delivered by well qualified staff, who are professional, approachable and highly motivated
- Supported by a comprehensive range of careers information and resources
- Ensuring careers advice is up to date and accurate through maintaining and developing contacts with employers and the professions
- We will abide by the code and culture of the National Information Advice and Guidance Board and provide the best Careers Service, reflecting the needs of our students
We offer 45 minute appointments and shorter 20 minute appointments with a careers consultant throughout the week, evenings and, by prior arrangement, at the weekend. Telephone appointments can also be arranged and an email guidance service is available to answer careers queries, review CVs and cover letters and application forms.
Prior to going to your real interview, you can book in for a practice run. Mock interviews provide the chance to receive some constructive feedback on improving your interview technique. We also have feedback from students who have attended interviews at firms and other organisations which you can review in advance of your interview.
We invite speakers from a range of firms, chambers and other organisations for events throughout the year. These events are the perfect way for students to decide on a career paths and network with employers, alumni and members of the professions.
We provide a number of careers workshops on the following:
- Planning your career, researching the market and job search strategies
- Researching potential employers
- Making successful applications through CVs and cover letters, application forms, interview skills and practice
- Mock assessment centre and psychometric testing
- Employability Skills support such as: negotiation skills, presentation skills, commercial awareness, networking skills, effective speaking, time management skills and communication skills
A careers newsletter is sent out regularly to students detailing events, workshops and new vacancies.
BPP advertises vacancies from a diverse range of firms, organisations and industries. Some of our vacancies are exclusive to BPP.
When can students start using the Careers Service?
As soon as you have accepted our offer of a place at BPP University College you are entitled to use the Careers Service. The Careers Service ensures that all of our students have access to the service. Appointments for part time students can be made in evenings or at weekends by prior arrangement and we offer telephone appointments.
Scheduled interactive web chats will also be advertised to part time students. Students who have deferred their entry will be able to make an appointment with a Careers Consultant to formulate an action plan in their year out. Deferred students can also request to receive the weekly newsletter and attend careers events and workshops, spaces permitting.