Degree Apprenticeship: Digital and Technology Solutions
A Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology Solutions is perfect for students wishing to begin or progress in an existing career as a digital and technology solutions professional. This programme enables you to gain hands-on paid experience with an employer whilst working towards a full honours degree.
During the programme you will have the opportunity to choose from a range of elective modules in order to tailor your degree to meet your career aspirations or the needs of your employer. Depending on the modules you choose, you can align your degree to one of six IT specialisms including: IT consulting, business analysis, cyber security, data analytics, software engineering and network engineering. On successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be fully prepared for the next stage in your IT career and equipped with the practical work experience to showcase your knowledge.
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
Four-years and a quarter years, part-time
| Modes of study |
Our guided teaching is delivered through a mix of live webinars delivered by a BPP University tutor, recorded lectures and online learning material.
For students supplementing online delivery with face-to-face sessions, you will attend either a BPP University study centre or employer premises determined by your employer’s preference.
| Assessment |
Work-based projects, coursework, written reports and assignments, e-portfolio and multiple-choice tests
*Students who wish to gain professional accreditation will need to take examinations set out by the relevant professional body either during the programme or after graduation. This is the student's responsibility and at the students own cost.
- Gain a full honours degree alongside practical, paid work experience
- Study alongside your work commitments, part-time online with access to live webinars delivered by a BPP University tutor, recorded lectures and online learning material
- Benefit from government funding rules - meaning your employer will pay the full cost of your programme
- Benefit from assessments and projects that relate directly to practical challenges in your workplace
- Network with other apprentices through our collaborative learning environment
- Choose to study the PRINCE2 Foundation exam using our Project Management Fundamentals module (either during your programme or after you graduate*)
- Option to supplement your online teaching sessions with face-to-face inductions and masterclasses*
- Tailor your programme to your career aspirations or to meet the needs of your employer
- Receive one day a week dedicated study leave from your employer
- Learn from a mix of experienced IT practitioners and academics
- Document your apprenticeship and showcase your skills through the development of an e-portfolio
- Make use of all the required software and digital tools that are provided for your course
- Choose elective modules to prepare you for prestigious professional qualifications including: Business Analysis Foundation Certificate (British Computer Society), the ITIL Foundation level qualification, Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), ISTQB® Foundation Level (CTFL)*
- Take part in live discussions with fellow learners during live webinars and through course forums.