Degree Apprenticeship: Solicitor
BPP University Law School’s Solicitor Apprenticeship programme incorporates a university degree – the innovative LLB (Hons) Legal Practice – which apprentices will study whilst working in a law firm or other legal services environment. Apprentices will gain the ‘gold standard’ professional qualification of Solicitor, recognising their ability to deliver excellent commercial legal advice and client service, behave ethically, and demonstrate commitment to continual learning and development
| Location |
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
Standard guideline: Minimum 6 years
Dependent on previous experience, individual progression rate and access to opportunities to gain the full range of competence.
The learner will study for their apprenticeship whilst working in a full time role. Throughout the programme, work-based assignments will demonstrate the practical application of theory in the workplace.
| Modes of study |
Delivered online for maximum flexibility
This includes full academic support as well as live webinars, 24/7 access to recorded lectures, and online lecture notes.
| Assessment |
To complete the apprenticeship the learner must pass the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) centralised assessment, consisting of two parts:
Part 1: Functioning Knowledge Tests
Part 2: Standardised Practical Legal Examination
In addition to the degree, learners will complete a variety of university assessments during the programme.
| How to apply |
BPP Professional Education Group is one of Europe's largest specialist professional education providers of accountancy, legal and financial qualifications. BPP University is part of the BPP Professional Education Group and is a distinct legal entity with its own degree-awarding powers. In other parts of the Group, we offer a range of professional apprenticeships and qualifications from level 3 upwards.
- Attract talent: Our innovative programme will recruit and develop ambitious school leavers or existing employees and equip them with the skills, knowledge and experience to excel in the workplace. The apprentices themselves have no tuition fees to pay.
- Flexible learning without compromise: Apprentices are able to utilise BPP University Law School facilities including innovative online resources, enabling them to study alongside their existing commitments.
- Cost effective: From April 2017, employers will be able to draw their Apprenticeship Levy funds to spend against this apprenticeship.
- Tuition from market leaders in legal education: We are trusted by over 60 international and UK leading law firms who exclusively send their trainee solicitors to study with us.
- Practice-focused: Our work based assessments and projects demonstrate how theoretical knowledge is applied to practical challenges in the workplace.