The Solicitor Apprenticeship from BPP University Law School combines practical experience in the workplace with formal degree and postgraduate study.
As an apprentice you will gain a professional solicitor qualification that recognises your ability to deliver excellent commercial legal advice and client service, behave ethically and demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and development. You will also be awarded an LLB (Hons) Legal Practice.
| Location |
Online and in BPP University study centres in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Holborn, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
Six years (part-time)
| Modes of study |
Online classrooms sessions supported by face-to- face learning.
| How to Apply |
To join an apprenticeship programme you must be employed in a relevant role by an employer that is offering apprenticeships with BPP University. Apply directly to one of these employers following the link below.
| Assessment |
To complete the apprenticeship, you must pass the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) centralised assessment, consisting of two parts:
Part 1 – Functioning Knowledge Tests
You will also need to complete a portfolio of examples of work experience
To be awarded the LLB (Hons) Legal Practice, you must pass a range of BPP University assessments which include unseen examinations such as multiple choice tests, written problem based questions and practical legal drafting exercises, legal research, presentation and skeleton argument, coursework, advocacy and an e-portfolio of work.
- Gain an LLB (Hons)
- Earn a salary and gain your qualification without any tuition fees. Your tuition fees are paid by the employer and or the government
- Study online with access to live and recorded lectures and online learning materials
- Explore different areas of law and practice in depth, including Tort Law, Land Law, Business Law and Contract Law
- Benefit from assessments and projects that relate directly to practical challenges in your workplace
- Network with other apprentices through our collaborative learning environment
- Qualify as a solicitor alongside a practical paid job in a legal environment
- Develop professional judgement and the ability to conduct legal work within the ethical and regulatory framework required for legal practice as a solicitor
- Receive individual support and face-to-face teaching three times a term at a BPP University study centre
- Learn from BPP tutors who are qualified, experienced lawyers from practice
- Document your apprenticeship and showcase your skills through the development of an e-portfolio
- Manage your studies with one day’s study leave each week
To join an apprenticeship programme you must apply for a relevant role in a company that is offering Degree Apprenticeships. Apply directly to one of these companies by following the link below.