Degree Apprenticeship: Paralegal
This two year Paralegal Apprenticeship has been created by an employer Trailblazer group that includes leading law firms. The programme aims to ensure that businesses can recruit new talent and provide a solid foundation for working within a law firm or other legal services environment and to equip them with the skills and knowledge to perform the routine tasks of a junior Paralegal.
Apprentices who undertake the Paralegal Apprenticeship, will also work towards an academic award; the Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education (Legal Services awarded by BPP University). On successful completion of the Certificate of Higher Education (Legal Services), apprentices may be able to move onto BPP University Law School’s Solicitor Apprenticeship with an exemption from Year 1 provided that they have chosen Contract Law as their elective module.
| Location |
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
Standard Guideline is two years
This is based on first time passes and completion of the programme as designed. The learner will study for their apprenticeship whilst working in a full time role. Throughout the programme, work-based assignments will demonstrate the practical application of theory in the workplace.
| Modes of study |
Blended learning with synchronous and asynchronous online learning supported by regular face-to-face sessions in University centre locations and individual support.
| Assessment |
Include: Portfolio and written assessments In addition learners will complete a variety of University assessments during the programme.
| How to apply |
BPP Professional Education Group BPP Professional Education Group is one of Europe’s largest specialist professional education providers of accountancy, legal and financial qualifications. BPP University is part of the BPP Professional Education Group and is a distinct legal entity with its own degree-awarding powers. In other parts of the Group, we offer a range of professional apprenticeships and qualifications from Level 3 upwards.
- Attract talent: our compelling programme will recruit and develop ambitious school leavers and equip them with the skills, knowledge and experience to excel in the workplace
- Tailored to your business: create a professional solution around the knowledge and skills your businesses requires, with the possibility of internal training options
- Taught by professionals: our tutors are practitioners with real-world knowledge of their field, providing apprentices with an industry relevant education
- Flexible learning without compromise: apprentices are able to utilise facilities such as innovative online resources, enabling them to study alongside their existing commitments
- Increase retention and productivity: designed with a curriculum relevant to any age group, so that you can present current employees with an opportunity to develop and progress
- Cost effective: with government funding available, apprenticeships offer a chance to develop a talented team of individuals without expensive training
- Practice-focused: our work-based assessments and projects demonstrate how theoretical knowledge is applied to practical challenges in the workplace