The Paralegal Apprenticeship provides you with a solid foundation for working within a law firm or other legal services environment. Your studies will lead to an understanding of the fundamentals of legal practice - including developing the appropriate skills and behaviours needed for a career in law. During the programme, you will be able to choose specific areas of law and practice to study appropriate to your role at work such as Contract or Commercial Property.
The programme offers blended learning - delivered both online and in-class at BPP University study centres - together with hands-on, paid employment and valuable experience with an employer. By successfully completing the Paralegal Apprenticeship, you will achieve a Certificate of Higher Education (Legal Services) awarded by BPP University.
| Location |
Online and in BPP University study centres in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Holborn, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester
| Start Date |
| Length of programme |
| Modes of study |
Online classroom sessions supported by face-to-face learning.
| How to Apply |
To join an apprenticeship programme you must be employed in a relevant role in a businesses that is offering apprenticeships with BPP University. Apply directly to one of these employers, by following the link below.
| Assessment |
To complete the apprenticeship, you must complete a portfolio of work and pass the end point assessment consisting of two 1.5 hour examinations. To gain the university award of Certificate of Higher Education (Legal Services ) you must complete a range of university assessments including unseen examinations including multiple choice tests, written problem-based questions and practical legal drafting exercises, legal research, coursework and an e-portfolio of work.
- Gain a BPP University award with a Certificate of Higher Education (Legal Services) alongside a practical, paid job in an employer engaged in legal services
- Study online with access to live and recorded lectures and online learning materials
- Specialise during your studies and explore particular areas of law and practice
- Benefit from assessments and projects that relate directly to practical challenges in your workplace
- Network with other apprentices through our collaborative learning environment
- Manage your studies with one day per week dedicated study leave
- Earn a salary and gain your qualification without any tuition fees. Your tuition fees are paid by the employer and/or the government
- Receive individual support and face-to-face teaching three days per term
- Learn from BPP tutors who are qualified, experienced lawyers from practice
- Document your apprenticeship and showcase your skills through the development of an e-portfolio
- The programme will provide you with exemptions towards the Solicitor apprenticeship (provided contract law is taken)
To join an apprenticeship programme you must apply for a relevant role in a company that is offering Degree Apprenticeships. Apply directly to one of these companies by following the link below.