This practical law degree is designed to make you 'career-ready' by giving you the skills you need to succeed in legal practice. It is perfect whether you want to move on to the Legal Practice Course (LPC), to be a solicitor, or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), if you aim to be a barrister, or want to use the knowledge and skills you have learnt to open the doors to a variety of rewarding careers.
If you obtain a minimum 2:2 in your LLB you will secure a place on our LPC or MA (LPC with Business) programme. You’ll also benefit from our Career Guarantee: If you don’t secure a training contract or pupillage within six months of graduating from our LPC or BPTC programmes you can study another qualification, worth up to £16,500, for free*.
The LLB (Hons) degree is awarded by BPP University.
September, January and May
Length of programme
Three years full-time
Modes of study
Coursework, examinations (oral and written) and computer-based assessments
How to apply
All applications for full-time undergraduate programmes should be made online through UCAS: ucas.ac.uk
Three year programme code: M100
Two year accelerated code: M101
* To find out more please visit our Career Guarantee page
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
- You can secure a place on our Career Guaranteed* LPC or MA (LPC with Business) if you obtain a minimum 2.2 on our LLB (Hons) degree
- It is a practical law degree designed with employer needs and taught by experienced legal professionals and legal academics
- You may study specialised electives from all areas and types of practice, from Family Law and Child Law to International Public Law and Law of Armed Conflict through to Medical Law, Employment Law and Company Law
- You will be fully supported through your degree by academic lecturers and a dedicated student manager
- We offer a dedicated revision programme for BPP University's law students to support you through your exams and assessments
- Funding available through Scholarships, interest-free payment plans and Future Finance student loans^
- You will join a world renowned law school with exclusive global law firm clients. BPP University has excellent links with the legal profession and strong connections with a wide range of international law firms, many of whom send their trainees exclusively to BPP University Law School
- All modules within the programme are ‘practice-focused’, designed to enhance your employability in a legal context. In particular, you will develop the ability to undertake legal research, identify legal issues and put forward appropriate solutions, analyse cases and statutes and construct legal arguments
- You can gain practical legal experience by working on real cases through our Pro Bono Centre from year two, and potentially use your experiences to count towards your degree in our Independent Experience Project module
- Throughout your studies, you’ll benefit from outstanding learning materials, textbooks and resources – all included in your fee
- Our specialist legal career advice is available to you as soon as you accept your university place, until you secure your first legal position