Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms”), which apply to your use of the following websites, including any subdomains thereof:
(collectively the "Websites")
BPP Holdings Limited and each of its subsidiary companies are registered at Companies House. The subsidiary companies to which your personal information collected through the Website may be directed (as relevant) are:
- BPP University College of Professional Studies Limited
- BPP Professional Education Limited
- BPP Actuarial Education Limited
- Actuarial Education Company Limited
- BPP Learning Media Limited.
If you do not accept these terms
If you are using any of the Websites from outside the UK other laws may apply to your use of such websites. We operate the Websites from within the UK. We are not subject to local laws applicable in your country and the Websites may not be compliant with those local laws. You should not use any of the Websites unless you are happy with this position.
Updates and changes to these Terms
We may change these Terms from time to time by updating this page. You should review this page regularly. Your continued use of the Websites after changes have been made will be taken to indicate that you have read and accepted those changes. You should not use the Websites if you are not happy with any changes.
Intellectual property rights (incl. copyright)
The Websites and all the materials contained on them are protected by intellectual property rights. Materials include, but are not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and documents on the website, as well as all other content on the Websites such as articles and other text. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) subsisting in the design of, or materials on, the Websites is either owned by us, licensed to us or we are entitled to use it.
Except as provided below, you may not copy, redistribute, republish or otherwise make the materials on the Websites available to anyone else without our written permission (including, but not limited to "caching" any material and "mirroring" any material).
You may print or download materials from the Websites for your own personal and non-commercial use provided that:
- no materials are modified in any way
- no graphics are used separately from accompanying text
- our copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies
- you acknowledge the Websites as the source of the material.
If you have our written permission to provide these materials to another person, you must ensure they are made aware of these restrictions.
You may also permit your computer to make an electronically stored, transient copy of the content in the Websites only for the purpose of viewing it while connected to the internet (but you may only make one copy of any such content).
Information posted sent or uploaded by you
There may be pages on the Websites (including but not limited to):
- any of our online booking or ordering tools, on which you are permitted to post, send or upload content and information to us.
If you do this we will take this to mean that you have read and accepted these Terms. You must not post, send or upload any such content or information unless:
- you own or have appropriate rights to use the intellectual property rights subsisting in or relating to that content and information
- you are sure that posting, sending or uploading the same does not infringe the rights (including but not limited to the intellectual property rights) of any other person or organisation.
You must not post any information which:
- is or could be considered defamatory, derogatory or in appropriate with regard to BPP, its customers or clients or any other person or organisation
- which contains any confidential information about BPP or another person or organisation (unless you have our permission or that of the other person or organisation)
- contains any offensive, obscene or criminal content or any other content which may cause embarrassment to BPP, its customers or clients or any other person or organisation
- contains any personal information about another person including (this list is not exhaustive) names, contact details and sensitive personal data (for example, information about an identified or identifiable individual’s mental or physical health, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs).
We reserve the right to withdraw any such content and/or information without notice and at our sole discretion and to pursue any cause of action against you available to us under applicable laws.
Accuracy of content on the Websites
We do not represent that information contained on or available via the Websites is accurate or complete and accordingly it should not be relied on as such.
Any arrangements made between you and any other person, using or named on the Websites is entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
Information contained in or accessible via the Websites may change from time to time. We may make improvements or alterations to the Websites at any time and without notice. We may modify, withdraw or deny access to the Websites at any time.
Linking to non-BPP websites
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Such links would be provided for your convenience. In addition, other websites outside our control may link to the Websites.
We are not responsible for the content of any external sites we provide links to or which link to the Websites. You should exercise caution and check you are happy with the terms and conditions applicable to any other website that you visit. No link is intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of another website.
We do not guarantee that use of the Websites will be compatible with the hardware and software which you use, or that it will be uninterrupted or error or virus free or that any defects on the Websites will be fixed by us (unless we are obliged by law to fix them, for example we would fix security defects within our control in line with our obligation under the Data Protection Act 1998 to keep personal information secure).
Please ensure that you regularly check for and protect against viruses when using the Websites on any hardware device. We make no statement about the suitability of the content, information, products and services which is made available via the Websites. Accordingly, all warranties and terms and conditions implied by statute or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law (please see directly below for more details). For example, we make no warranty that this web site is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer program.
We exclude all liability to the fullest extent permitted by law (please see directly below for more details) for damages and direct, indirect or consequential loss (including but not limited to pure economic loss, loss of business, revenue or profits, business interruption, depletion of goodwill and like loss) incurred by you or any other person and which arises out of or in connection with your use of or inability to use the Websites or its content, whether that liability is in contract, tort or otherwise.
We do not exclude or limit our liability (if any) to you:
- for any breach of obligations arising under section 12 Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
- for personal injury or death resulting from negligence
- under section 2(3) Consumer Protection Act 1987
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude liability; or
- for fraud.
The internet is not a secure means of communication. Emails may be intercepted by other people or organisations. You should not send any communication to us through the Websites or by email, in particular which contains personal information (including sensitive personal data) and/or confidential information about you or any other person, unless you accept that any such communication is sent at your own risk and on the understanding that we would not be liable for any loss that you might suffer as a result (except for losses which cannot be excluded or limited at law, as referred to directly above).
Data Protection and Privacy
- provide information and marketing related to our products and services
- carry out statistical analyses regarding the products and services offered by us or the Apollo Group Companies including analysing the profiles of customers, clients, students and staff together with the patterns and trends of use and the uptake of educational courses and facilities by and across BPP and its group companies including Apollo Group Companies based in the US
- improve efficiency, results, communications, marketing, processes, standards and procedures as a result of such information and marketing services and statistical analyses referred to above across BPP and its group companies and including Apollo Group Companies based in the US and/or for making use of additional expertise, experience, resource and facilities available from Apollo Group Companies based in the US.
We may transfer your personal information to other companies in the BPP group of companies (including BPP Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates); and Apollo Group, Inc. and/or Apollo Global, Inc. (and subsidiaries and affiliates of each of them) which are companies based in the US (together “Apollo Group Companies”).
Nothing on the Websites is intended to be nor should be construed as an offer to enter into a contractual relationship with you or anyone else, except for these Terms which govern the relationship between us in relation to your use of the Websites.
If you make a contract with a third party who is named or referred to on the Websites, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are comfortable with the terms of that contract and to take legal advice if necessary.
Law governing the Terms Use of the Websites and the formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects whatsoever of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
The Courts of England and Wales shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with your use of the Websites and these Terms Additional provisions It is not intended that third parties shall have any rights in relation to these Terms under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
f any term of these Terms is found by any court or body or authority of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unlawful, void or unenforceable, that term shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms and this shall not affect the remainder of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect.