Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS)
The Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS) replaced the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT) on 1 September 2010 and offers a route to qualification as a solicitor of England and Wales to lawyers from a wider range of jurisdictions than under the QLTT arrangements. It has a more extensive syllabus coverage than the QLTT. This study course is provided by BPP Professional Education. This is not a BPP University programme.
Kaplan QLTS is the sole authorised assessment provider for the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) of assessments under The Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS).
The SRA and Kaplan have taken this as an opportunity to undertake a thorough review of the QLTS assessments. From January 2014, the OSCE and the TLST stages of the qualification were combined into a single assessment known as the new OSCE. The MCT remains unchanged. The new OSCE examines the same law and skills as were previously examined in the old OSCE and the TLST, however, where previously candidates had to pass each of the OSCE and the TLST, there is now a single pass mark for the new combined assessment. Candidates who have not yet passed either the TLST or the old OSCE, will be required to sit the new OSCE. There are transitional arrangements in place for candidates who have passed the old OSCE, but not passed the TLST, or who have passed the TLST but not passed the old OSCE. A summary of the approved amendments to the QLTS regulations can be found here.
Please visit Kaplan QLTS’s website for more information: www.kaplanqlts.com.
- Unique QLTS Study Programme - covering the knowledge and skills assessed by the QLTS Assessments
- Online resources for comprehensive study and revision
- Practical exercises
- Professionally qualified tutors, experienced in teaching the assessable Day One Outcomes
- Comprehensive online/distance learning sessions
- Practice multiple choice questions
- Part 1 Mock Test - 180 multiple choice questions
- Part 2 OSCE Mock Exercises