Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Periodontology
More than ever, patients understand the importance of maintaining their oral health, and are investing considerable effort and expense in complex restorative procedures. As a result, the demand for this expertise is in great demand.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (Periodontology) is a comprehensive programme that covers the latest periodontal theories and treatment protocols. It will provide you with the knowledge and specialist skills required to treat patients confidently.
Particular focus is given to developing clinical techniques in implantology, and providing supervised clinical training in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of periodontally compromised patients.
You will also learn the importance of effective maintenance protocols. You will also work with colleagues from other programmes to discuss management of patient cases with a multidisciplinary approach and sound judgment based on evidence.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Periodontology degree is awarded by BPP University.
| Location |
For full-time students some study will be completed at regional clinical centres nationwide in the UK and internationally
BPP University Dental Institute, Birmingham, (full-time only)
| Start Date |
September, January and May
| Length of programme |
Three-years (part-time) placement in your own country
| Modes of study |
Full-time with UK clinical placement
Full-time with international clinical placement
| Assessment |
Written assignments, clinical examinations, presentations
|How to apply|
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
* For students undertaking the full-time with an international clinical placement option only, subject to contract.
- Boost your career by getting the knowledge and skills you need to expand your practice
- Programmes are delivered by postgraduate qualified dentists
- Learn front-line multidisciplinary approaches in the management of dental care
- Gain exposure to advanced dental treatment undertaken by expert dental academics in the UK, and if you decide to take the international placement you also gain clinical experience with patients*
- Flexible study scheduled to not interfere with your busy practice commitments
- Innovative training featuring the latest evidence-based patient care principles
- Benefit from exposure to a clinical environment in working specialist dental practices*
- Funding available through Scholarships, interest-free payment plans and Future Finance student loans^