Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Oral Surgery
Designed to demystify oral surgery and develop your surgical abilities in areas such as bone and soft tissue surgery, this programme will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to perform surgical procedures competently.
The programme aims to develop your knowledge and competencies in the diagnosis and management of oral and facial pathologies, simple and advanced surgical exodontia, soft tissue surgery, excision of lesions, bone grafting and endodontic surgery.
Throughout this highly engaging and demanding course you will receive education in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of medically compromised patients. It places particular emphasis on contemporary practice, evidence-based principles and systems to ensure an optimal outcome for the patient and practitioner. In this programme you will learn to provide treatment to your own patients, from initial consultation and assessment, to surgery and management of post-operative complications. You will also have the opportunity to develop sound judgment based on evidence and management of patient cases using a multidisciplinary approach from discussion with colleagues from other programmes.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Oral Surgery degree is awarded by BPP University.
BPP University Dental Institute, Birmingham
For full-time students some study will be completed at regional clinical centres nationwide in the UK and internationally.
| Start Date |
September, January and May
| Length of programme |
Three-years (part-time) placement in your own country
| Modes of study |
Full-time with UK clinical placement
Full-time with international clinical placement
| Assessment |
Written assignments, clinical examinations, presentations
|How to apply|
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
* For students undertaking the full-time with an international clinical placement option only, subject to contract.
- Boost your career by getting the knowledge and skills you need to expand your practice
- Programmes are delivered by postgraduate qualified dentists
- Learn front-line multi-disciplinary approaches in the management of dental care
- Gain exposure to advanced dental treatment undertaken by expert dental academics in the UK, and if you decide to take the international placement you also gain clinical experience with patients*
- Flexible study scheduled to not interfere with your busy practice commitments
- Innovative training featuring the latest evidence-based patient care principles
- Benefit from exposure to a clinical environment in working specialist dental practices*
- Funding available through Scholarships, interest-free payment plans and Future Finance student loans^