LLM [Law Conversion]
The LLM [Law Conversion] is ideal for non-law graduates to convert to a career in law. From qualified solicitors, barristers and judges you will gain a practical ground in law.
Recruiters actively seek out students with a diverse range of transferable skills, with many firms recruiting half of their trainees from a non-law (GDL) background. The LLM [Law Conversion] ensures that you can demonstrate a higher competency when applying for training contracts and pupillages, by focussing on research and ensuring you have the ability to apply the law in practice.
On successful completion you can progress directly onto the Legal Practice Course (LPC) if you want to become a solicitor, or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) if you aim to become a barrister. In addition, students will also graduate with an internationally recognised standalone Master’s qualification
The LLM [Law Conversion] is awarded by BPP University and is fulfils the requirements for completion of the academic stage as set out by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and Bar Standards Board (BSB).
| Locations |
London Waterloo and online
|Duration||Start dates by location|
|Full-time||9 months|| |
January 2018: London Waterloo
September 2018: London Waterloo and online
|Part-time||18 months|| |
January 2018: London WaterlooSeptember 2018: London Waterloo and online
|Modes of study||Assessment|
|Face-to-face or online||9,000 word research project and two 4,500 word module dissertations, CBAs and examination|
|How to apply|
To apply for the LLM [Law Conversion] full-time you must apply for the GDL through the Central Applications Board (CAB). You must then notify your admissions advisor that you wish to study the LLM [Law Conversion].
All applications to study part-time must be made directly to BPP University.
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
- Scholarships and funding options available, including the Student Loans Company postgraduate loan funding
- Take advantage of our strong links with the legal professional through our annual programme of networking events and career mentoring
- Specialist legal careers advice from the moment you accept your place and up to 12 months after you complete your studies
- Complement your studies with extra-curricular activities ranging across mooting, debating and pro bono work.
- Flexible study to suit your schedule: full-time or part-time
- Add value and focus to your LLM [Law Conversion] by attending free additional workshops run by tutors in conjunction with law firms to ensure you are practice ready, culminating in our highly successful Employability week.
- Get involved in practical legal work with our award-winning pro bono centre
- Guaranteed place on our LPC or LLM Legal Practice (Solicitors)
- Learn about specialist areas of practice with our optional lectures and workshops, including our Extra Lecture Series including Company Law, Intellectual Property Law and Law in the City and our Skills in Practice Workshops including Legal Writing, Legal Research and Client Interviewing