Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Implantology
Implant dentistry is one of the fastest growing areas of dentistry and patients’ expectations are high. As such, you need to know you are learning with the most advanced dentistry education providers. The General Dental Council (GDC) expects all dentists undertaking implant treatment to be able to demonstrate appropriate training.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (Implantology) instils the essential skills needed for this specialist area equipping you with core knowledge and clinical expertise. On completion you will be able to competently and confidently deliver high-quality dental care.
As part of the course, you will be exposed to unique advanced training, benefiting from the experience of placing implants and performing advanced surgical procedures including bone augmentation and sinus elevation using cadaveric specimens.
The Master's in Clinical Dentistry (MClinDent) Implantology degree is awarded by BPP University.
| Location |
BPP University Dental Institute, Birmingham, (full-time only)
For full-time students some study will be completed at regional clinical centres nationwide in the UK and internationally
| Start Date |
September, January and May
| Length of programme |
Three-years (part-time) placement in your own country
| Modes of study |
Full-time with UK clinical placement:
Full-time with international clinical placement:
| Assessment |
Written assignments, clinical examinations, presentations
|How to apply|
* For students undertaking the full-time with an international clinical placement option only, subject to contract.
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
- Boost your career by getting the knowledge and skills you need to expand your practice
- Flexible study scheduled to not interfere with your busy practice commitments
- Programmes are delivered by postgraduate qualified dentists
- Gain exposure to advanced dental treatment undertaken by expert dental academics in the UK, and if you decide to take the international placement you also gain clinical experience with patients*
- Learn front-line multidisciplinary approaches in the management of dental care
- Innovative training featuring the latest evidence-based patient care principles
- Benefit from exposure to a clinical environment in working specialist dental practices*
- Funding available through Scholarships, interest-free payment plans and Future Finance student loans^