Anaesthetic Award for Registered Nurses
This programme is a both a practice-and-theory-focused module designed to equip nurse practitioners working in the area of anaesthetics to develop the knowledge and the skills required to work in this specialist field. To complete the award students must be working in the area of anaesthetics within their field of practice and be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), with support from their employer to complete the required theoretical and practical competencies required.
The Anaesthetic Award for Registered Nurses is awarded by BPP University.
|Location|| Start Date |
September and January
| Length of programme |
| Modes of study |
Classroom and online
| Assessment |
Critical Reflection, completion of Practice Assessment Document
|How to apply|
*For students undertaking the full-time with an international clinical placement option only, subject to contract.
- Designed to upskill Registered Nurses in the theatre setting
- Supernumerary status whilst completing the practical elements of the programme.
- A cohesive programme that allows you to make sound links between theory and practice.
- Designed in partnership with an NHS Foundation Trust
- A range of general and specialist practical experiences with different client groups (depending on the availability in your employing organisation).
- The reflective element of the assessment and the competency document would also contribute to the process of revalidation for registered nurses