LLM Legal Practice (Barristers)
Our LLM Legal Practice incorporates BPP University Law School’s highly regarded Bar Professional Training Course giving you the essential training you need to become a qualified barrister – and will be eligible to be called to the Bar of English and Wales (subject to meeting the qualifying session requirement of your Inn of Court).
In addition you can select from a range of LLM modules designed to help you gain additional knowledge and develop new skills and highly sought after by the profession to enhance your employability. The LLM Legal Practice qualifies for a postgraduate loan of up to £10,280 from the Student Loans Company.
The LLM Legal Practice (Barristers) is awarded by BPP University.
| Locations* |
Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, London Holborn and Manchester
|Study Options||Duration||Start date|
1 year full-time
2 years part-time
|Modes of study||Assessment|
|Face to face with a comprehensive range of online materials to support your learning||Written and oral skills examinations|
|How to apply|
|Applicants should apply to the Bar Student Application Service (BARSAS) for a place on the BPTC. Once an offer is received for the BPTC any student wishing to do the LLM simply has to request a transfer from admissions. For more information on how to apply, please read the BarSAS Applicant Guide at: barsas.com|
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
- An innovative and challenging programme designed to develop the key skills and attributes required by the legal profession
- Scholarships and funding options available, including the Student Loans Company postgraduate loan funding
- Our tutors are qualified lawyers who bring experience of working in practice into the classroom
- In a survey of 2014 BPTC graduates, 95% of those who participated have gone on to work or further study*
- Full access to BPP University’s Careers Service as soon as you accept your place on the LLM Legal Practice and for up to 12 months after you complete your studies
- Practice your skills through mooting events judged by members of the judiciary and practitioners
- True-to-life assessments in advocacy and conference, using professional actors
- Get involved in practical legal work with our award-winning Pro Bono Centre
- Our Career Guarantee means if you don’t secure pupillage within six months of completing your LLM Legal Practice, we’ll let you study another qualification to further enhance your skills and employability for free**