Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
If you're set on becoming a barrister, BPP University's Postgraduate Diploma in Bar Practice (BPTC) provides the best possible training. Thirty per cent more advocacy than the minimum Bar Standards Board requires, advocacy and conference sessions taught in groups of four, true-to-life mock trials and assessments, and the widest range of options of any provider. In addition, our Careers Service pulls out the stops to help you secure pupillage.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Bar Practice (BPTC) is awarded by BPP University.
On successfully completing our BPTC, you'll be fully prepared for the demands of life as a barrister – and you'll be eligible to be called to the Bar of England and Wales (subject to meeting the qualifying sessions requirement of your Inn of Court).
The legal profession can be demanding and being a barrister isn’t for everyone. It is recommended you read this important information issued by the Bar Standards Board for those wishing to study for the Bar of England and Wales.
^ Further details of eligibility requirements, interest rates and other key terms of the loan are available by visiting the Future Finance website. BPP University Limited acts as a credit broker and is not a lender for this arrangement.
- Small group sessions - all practical advocacy and conference sessions are taught in groups of 4
- Learn from experienced practitioners with a strong practical focus
- Practice your skills through mock trial and mooting events judged by members of the judiciary and practitioners
- True-to-life assessments in advocacy and conference, using professional actors
- Value for money - all books and learning materials included in the fee
- Convert your BPP University BPTC to a full BPP University Masters degree by completing an additional 60 credits
- Funding available through Scholarships, interest-free payment plans and Future Finance student loans^
- Gain vital work experience - by advising real clients through our award-winning Pro Bono Centre
- More advocacy – our programme includes 30% more advocacy teaching than required by the Bar Standards Board
- Option to type opinion writing and drafting assessments
- Widest selection of options to choose from, more than any other provider
- Increase your knowledge with introductions to pupillage lectures and court visits , helping you target your applications to the most appropriate chambers for you
- Proactive careers support to give you the best possible chance of securing pupillage