MRS Diploma in Market and Social Research Practice
The Market Research Society (MRS) Diploma in Market and Social Research Practice is intended for experienced market research practitioners who wish to improve or develop their high-level research skills.
For any MRS enquiries call 0208 740 2385 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Developed in consultation with relevant industry employers, it focuses specifically on the key areas you need for a move into a more senior research role – and maximise your career potential.
MRS is the world's largest international membership organisation for professional researchers and its members are found in senior positions across the industry. The MRS Diploma will open doors for you to pursue the highest career opportunities – and further build your reputation as a researcher.
The award is made by the Market Research Society and is not a BPP University award. BPP Learning Media provides a programme of study to prepare you for the external professional body examinations of the Market Research Society.
- Gain the skills you need for a more rewarding research career
- Be part of the MRS community – the world's largest international research organisation
- Equip yourself with everything you need to take on a more senior research role
- Study via distance learning and tutoring for maximum convenience
- Develop advanced knowledge that will enable you to progress more quickly
- Benefit from the industry's only government-recognised qualification
- Incorporate MRS and industry best practice
Develop high-level research skills
The Market Research Society (MRS) Diploma in Market and Social Research Practice includes topics designed to develop high-level research skills – and gives you the knowledge you need to succeed in a more senior research role.
The Diploma has been developed specifically for experienced market research practitioners, in consultation with relevant industry employers. It incorporates best practice principles and techniques. This diploma opens the door to a more successful and rewarding career in professional research. It is studied via distance learning and is flexible to your individual needs.
How the course is structured
The MRS Diploma is made up of five individual units. You must complete Units One, Two and Five and either Unit Three or Unit Four, depending on your chosen specialism.
The units are as follows:
- Unit 1 – The Principles of Market and Social Research
- Unit 2 – The Principles and Context of Market and Social Research
- Unit 3 - Analysing & Interpreting Quantitative Market & Social Research Data
- Unit 4 - Collecting, Analysing & Interpreting Qualitative Market & Social Research Data
- Unit 5 - Case Studies in Market & Social Research
You must complete four out of the five units in order to gain your MRS Diploma.
How you'll be assessed
You will need to sit an exam for Units One and Five, while Units Two, Three and Four will be assessed by written assignment.
Dates and prices
The links and brochures above will open as a PDF in a new window. To save directly to your computer, right-click the link and select 'Save Link As'. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to open it.
The MRS Diploma is offered via distance learning, through BPP Learning Media. At the beginning of the course you will receive the relevant study materials and your own personalised study timetable for each unit of the qualification. You will also have email access to one of our experienced tutors who will offer you invaluable help and advice throughout your studies.
How to apply
To apply to study for the MRS Diploma, you'll need to complete an application form. While there are no formal deadlines, we recommend you apply as soon as you are ready.
To be eligible to study for the MRS Diploma, you must hold one or more of the following:
- MRS Advanced Certificate and a minimum of one year's post-qualification experience in a research-related role
- Marketing Research and Information module of the CIM level four qualification and a minimum of one year's post-qualification experience in a research-related role
- Degree or appropriate professional qualification which contains a significant research component, and a minimum of two years' work experience in a research related role
- Minimum of three years' work experience in a research-related role and evidence of training within that role
Course dates for the MRS Diploma course are available on application.
For further information, email email@example.com
Distance learning course
This is a distance learning only course. See the 'Ways to study' tab on the left for more details.