MA (LPC with Business) Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to this Offer and to the sale of the Legal Practice Course provided by BPP (“BPP LPC”) in conjunction with the Offer in addition to BPP’s general terms and conditions (“General Terms and Conditions”) which apply in respect of all of BPP’s products and which are available at /bpp-university/terms. Please read these Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions carefully before purchasing the BPP LPC and print off a copy for your records. BPP will not file or otherwise keep a copy of the agreement concluded between you and BPP and a copy of the concluded agreement will not be available from BPP at a future time and date.
By redeeming the Offer and ordering the BPP LPC, you are confirming your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions.
If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
In these Terms and Conditions, “BPP” means BPP University College of Professional Studies Limited of BPP House, Aldine Place, 142 -144 Uxbridge Road, London W12 8AA.
Conditions of offer
1. This offer (“Offer”) includes the provision by BPP of the opportunity to study by online means only towards the MA (LPC with Business) (“Online MA”) offered by BPP at no additional cost for students starting the BPP LPC with BPP in September 2012. The Online MA will only be available to start on completion and passing of the BPP LPC in 2013 (for full-time students on the BPP LPC who start the BPP LPC in September 2012 only) and 2014 (for part-time students on the BPP LPC who start the BPP LPC in September 2012 only) (“Completion” and “Complete” shall be construed accordingly). No deferrals of the Online MA will be permitted.
2. This Offer is only available in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and to BPP LPC students (“Students”) who:
a. have applied to the BPP LPC and accepted their place and paid the deposit in full for the BPP LPC starting in September 2012 by the Closing Date (as defined at paragraph 11 below) at any BPP University Law School; and
b. register and enrol on the BPP LPC with the relevant BPP University Law School in September 2012; and
c. Complete the LPC in 2013 (for full-time students on the BPP LPC who start the BPP LPC in September 2012 only) or 2014 (for part-time students on the BPP LPC who start the BPP LPC in September 2012 only); and
d. have paid all fees due to BPP in relation to the BPP LPC at the time of enrolment on the Online MA; and
e. complete and submit the relevant application form for the Online MA in accordance with paragraph 12 below; and
f. fulfil all of the visa requirements of the UKBA and BPP in place from time to time for the Online MA at the date of commencement of the Online MA (and, if for any reason the Online MA is substituted for any other BPP programme, Students must fulfil the visa requirements of the UKBA and BPP in place from time to time for that programme at the date of commencement of that programme) in addition to any visa requirements applicable to the BPP LPC. BPP is not able to sponsor any Student for any visa for the Online MA; and
g. fulfil all of the admissions requirements relating to the Online MA as at the commencement of that Online MA; and
h. agree to and comply with any and all terms and conditions in place from time to time in relation to the BPP LPC and the Online MA; and
i. accept these Terms and Conditions in their entirety; and
j. commence the Online MA in September 2013 (for full-time students on the BPP LPC who start the BPP LPC in September 2012 only) or September 2014 (for part-time students on the BPP LPC who start the BPP LPC in September 2012 only). No deferrals of the Online MA will be permitted.
All of the criteria set out in this paragraph 2 must be fulfilled in order for a Student to be entitled to the Offer.
3. By redeeming the Offer, each Student acknowledges and agrees that that Student accepts these Terms and Conditions.
4. Any Student accepting this Offer acknowledges and agrees that they have not accepted their place on the BPP LPC in reliance on this Offer.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, the Offer does not include the provision of any face-to-face tuition in relation to the Online MA. In the event that any face-to-face meetings are required between BPP and the Student, such face-to-face meetings will be conducted in the United Kingdom and it shall be the Student’s responsibility to ensure that they are permitted (whether by visa or otherwise) to attend such meeting. BPP shall not be held liable in any event where a Student does not have the necessary permission to attend or study any part of the Online MA in the United Kingdom (if applicable) and shall not pay any travel costs or other expenses incurred by any Student in attending any such meeting in the United Kingdom.
6. The Offer does not include any other discount or financial benefit to Students and does not apply to amounts payable to the professional body for student / delegate registration, exemptions and examination entries. In the event that any physical (as opposed to online) materials are required for the Online MA, this Offer does not include the provision of those materials and the Student may (as determined by BPP) be required to pay the list price at the time for those materials.
7. BPP send their offers for a place on the BPP LPC via an email linking to a microsite. Acceptance onto the BPP LPC and payment of the deposit can be made on this site.
8. If BPP refuse the redemption of the Offer when submitted as part of an order, for any reason, we will inform you before the order is dispatched to advise of the correct cost of the order and give you the opportunity to cancel the order.
9. Redeeming the Offer assumes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and the General Terms and Conditions. Students may be required to provide written acknowledgement of acceptance of these Terms and Conditions before redeeming the Offer.
Redeeming the Offer
10. The Offer commences on 4 June 2012 at 9am (GMT) (“Offer Date”). BPP may in its sole discretion open the Offer to any Student who has applied to the BPP LPC prior to this date. Such Students should contact BPP’s Admissions team for further information on 02031 31 28 11.
11. Subject to paragraph 19 of these Terms and Conditions, the Offer expires on 29 June 2012 at 5pm (GMT) (“Closing Date”).
12. To redeem the Offer, Students must apply for a place on the BPP LPC starting in September 2012 and:
a. for Students who have accepted their place on the BPP LPC prior to the Offer Date, complete and submit the relevant application form for the Online MA by 31 December 2012; and
b. for Students who have not accepted a place on the BPP LPC prior to the Offer Date, contact BPP’s Admissions team on 02031 31 28 11 for information regarding how to apply for the Online MA. Applications for the Online MA must be submitted by 31 December 2012
13. Students must quote reference MA/LPC2012 when submitting their application for the Online MA.
14. Subject to availability, Students may redeem the Offer in relation to any BPP University Law School centre for the BPP LPC starting in September 2012 on condition that their offer to purchase the BPP LPC has been accepted by BPP and confirmed in writing by the Closing Date or (if earlier) before the Offer is withdrawn.
15. Students cannot use this Offer in conjunction with any other discounts or offers by BPP for the BPP LPC.
16. The Offer is not transferable by the Student (either to another Student or to another course run by BPP) and no cash alternative will be offered.
17. BPP’s standard cancellation and deferral terms will apply to the BPP LPC as set out in the General Terms and Conditions. Should any refund or credit note be due to a Student, the value of such refund or credit note will be the amount of fees actually paid by the Student excluding the Offer. Should a Student choose to defer the start date of their BPP LPC in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions, the Offer will not apply to the rebooking of the deferred course and additional course fees may be payable.
18. If, after redeeming the Offer, a Student cancels their booking for the BPP LPC, then the Offer will no longer be available to that Student (even if still generally available to other Students).
19. BPP reserves the right to withdraw this Offer at any time without notice. BPP may update or amend the Offer, these Terms and Conditions and/or the General Terms and Conditions from time to time to comply with law or meet its changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the BPP website at www.bpp.com.
21. In the event that a Student does not wish to receive correspondence from BPP or any member of the BPP group of companies, the Student should email BPP at email@example.com, telephone BPP Student Services on 02031 31 28 11 or write to BPP Student Services at BPP Holdings Limited, Aldine House, Aldine Place, 142-144 Uxbridge Road, London, W12 8AW.
22. BPP is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to Students that is caused by any circumstance beyond BPP’s reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party. BPP shall not be liable to any Student for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of any Offer or any failure or inability of a Student to redeem the Offer for any reason.
23. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and BPP and Students irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts with regard to any claim arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.