Terms and Conditions for offer of BSc Professional Accounting plus PQ Accounting Course
The offer (“Offer”) made pursuant and subject to these terms and conditions (“Offer Terms”) is made by BPP University College of Professional Studies Limited (company number: 02609100) (“BPP UC”).
These Offer Terms, the general terms and conditions of BPP UC for the BSc from time to time (“BPP UC General Terms”) and the general terms and conditions of BPP Professional Education Limited (company number: 04546335) (“BPP PE”) for the relevant Free PQ Course (as defined below) from time to time (“BPP PE General Terms”) apply to the Offer. The BPP UC General Terms and the BPP PE General Terms are available at http://www.bpp.com/terms.
By ordering the BSc pursuant to the Offer, you are confirming your agreement to be bound by these Offer Terms, the BPP UC General Terms and the BPP PE General Terms.
- The Offer consists of BPP UC using reasonable efforts to ensure that those students who enrol on the BSc Professional Accounting (“BSc”) programme with BPP UC and who meet the Free PQ Course Criteria (as defined below) (“Qualifying Students”) are permitted to enrol on one Free PQ Course (as defined below) free-of-charge with BPP Professional Education Limited (company number: 04546335) (“BPP PE”) following the BSc.
- The Offer does not include any registration or enrolment fees that may be charged (whether through BPP PE or otherwise) by the ACCA, CIMA and/or the ICAEW (or any successor body/bodies thereof) in relation to the Free PQ Course (all terms as defined below). Such sums shall remain payable by Qualifying Students, and any non-payment thereof may prevent an otherwise Qualifying Student from redeeming the Offer.
- The Offer only applies to the following courses and papers offered by BPP PE from time to time (together the “Free PQ Courses” and each a “Free PQ Course”):
- Course leading towards examination papers at Professional Level (or equivalent) set by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (“ACCA”), being three essentials examination papers and two options examination papers (“ACCA Course”).
- Course leading towards examination papers at Strategic Level (or equivalent) and TopCIMA set by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (“CIMA”), being three examination papers for Strategic Level and one examination paper for TopCIMA (“CIMA Course”).
- Course leading towards examination at Advanced Level (or equivalent) set by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (“ICAEW”), being three examination papers (including one case study examination paper) (“ACA Course”).
- Qualifying Students may only take one Free PQ Course as part of the Offer and shall only be offered teaching in relation to each relevant examination paper once as part of the Offer. A Qualifying Student may (at BPP PE’s sole discretion) be offered the opportunity to pay for additional teaching at BPP PE’s list price from time to time.
- The relevant Free PQ Course may be provided to any Qualifying Student(s) by BPP PE in classroom, by distance learning or by any other method then available, at BPP PE’s sole discretion.
- In order to be a Qualifying Student, students enrolled and registered on the BSc (“BSc Students”) must meet the following criteria (“Free PQ Course Criteria”):
- The BSc Student must be enrolled with BPP UC on the BSc immediately prior to commencement of the relevant Free PQ Course.
- The BSc Student must pass all modules on the BSc at first attempt and must therefore successfully pass and complete the BSc in accordance with the timescales set for completion of the BSc by BPP UC from time to time.
- The BSc Student must have successfully applied for applicable exemptions from the ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW (as applicable) in relation to the BSc and the Free PQ Course. (iv) The BSc Student must enrol on the Free PQ Course within three calendar months of the date that the BSc Student’s final results for the BSc are released by BPP UC (“Closing Date”).
- The BSc Student must complete the Free PQ Course and all examination papers relating to that Free PQ Course within 12 calendar months of the Closing Date (“PQ Course End Date”). Neither BPP UC nor BPP PE shall have any obligations whatsoever to BSc Students who do not complete the Free PQ Course and all examination papers relating to that Free PQ Course within 12 calendar months of the Closing Date.
- The BSc Student must be a resident of the United Kingdom or European Union for the purposes of the UK Border Agency or any successor body thereof, and must have all relevant documentation in place to allow the BSc Student to undertake the Free PQ Course. BPP PE will not sponsor any international student to study the Free PQ Course and any visa granted pursuant to enrolment on the BSc shall not be considered as valid for the purposes of the Free PQ Course.
- The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion run by BPP UC and/or BPP PE, including but not limited to BPP PE’s Pass Assurance Scheme.
Redeeming the Offer
- The Offer can only be redeemed against a new qualifying booking onto the BSc from a BSc Student who has not, before the Start Date (as defined below), already accepted the offer of a place on the BSc from BPP UC. Any offer of the Offer by BPP UC to such BSc Students is at BPP UC’s sole discretion.
- BSc Students cannot use the Offer in conjunction with any other discounts or offers by BPP UC for the BSc and/or by BPP PE for the Free PQ Course.
- The Offer is non-transferable by the BSc Student (either to another person or to another course run by BPP UC and/or BPP PE) and no cash alternative will be offered.
- In order to redeem the Offer, persons must, when accepting their place on the BSc (Hons) Professional Accounting and confirm which Free PQ Course they wish to take and enrol on that Free PQ Course by the Closing Date.
- The Offer starts on 31st May 2013 (“Start Date”).
- Subject to paragraphs 3g and 3h of these Offer Terms, the Offer for each BSc Student will expire on the Closing Date.
- BPP UC reserves the right to withdraw the Offer at any time without notice. However, the Offer will not be withdrawn in relation to any individual who is already a BSc Student at the time of such withdrawal.
- BPP UC and/or BPP PE may amend the Offer, these Offer Terms and/or their respective BPP UC General Terms or BPP PE General Terms (as applicable) from time to time to comply with law or regulation or in order to meet its reasonable business requirements from time to time. Such amendment may happen without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on BPP UC’s website.
- BPP UC’s standard cancellation and deferral terms set out in the BPP UC General Terms will apply to the BSc.
- Save as amended by these Offer Terms and/or the Free PQ Course Criteria, BPP PE’s standard cancellation and deferral terms set out in the BPP PE General Terms will apply to the Free PQ Course.
- In the event that a BSc Student (i) cancels their place on the BSc after having accepted that place, (ii) withdraws from the BSc at any time during the BSc or (iii) is withdrawn from the BSc at any time that BSc Student shall no longer be entitled to redeem the Free PQ Course nor any part of the Offer. The Offer will no longer be available to that BSc Student even if it is still generally available to other BSc Students.
- BPP UC reserves the right to withdraw the Offer at any time without notice. BPP UC may update or amend the Offer, these Offer Terms and/or the BPP UC General Terms from time to time to comply with law and/or to meet its changing business requirements without notice to you.
- BPP PE may update or amend the BPP PE General Terms from time to time to comply with law and/or to meet its changing business requirements without notice to you.
- In the event that an individual does not wish to receive correspondence from BPP UC, BPP PE or any member of the BPP group of companies, that individual should email BPP at email@example.com, telephone customer services on 0330 060 3100 or write to the BPP Customer Services Director, BPP Professional Education Group, Aldine House, Aldine Place, 142-144 Uxbridge Road, London, W12 8AW.
- Neither BPP UC nor BPP PE is liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to any person that is caused by any circumstance beyond their reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party. Neither BPP UC nor BPP PE shall be liable to any person for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of the Offer or any failure or inability of that person to redeem the Offer for any reason.
- These Offer Terms and any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with these Offer Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts with regard to any claim arising under or in connection with these Offer Terms and any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with these Offer Terms.