Student Loans Company Funding - Postgraduate
Postgraduate Loans are available for eligible Master’s courses, allowing you to apply for a loan towards your course and living costs and it is non means tested. The loan is paid directly to students after they have registered onto their course and will be paid in three instalments throughout the year.
You can apply for a Postgraduate Loan up to a maximum of £10,280.
How to apply
The quickest way to apply is online at www.gov.uk/postgraduateloan.
- You will need to study an eligible taught or research Master’s course
- If your course is longer than one year you can get up to £5,000 in your first year and the remainder in your second year. If you study part-time you will only receive payments for the first 2 years of the course.
- Your course duration will be full-time for one or two years or part-time between two and four years
- You will need to be under 60 at the start of the first academic year of your course
- You must normally live in England. If you are an EU national but don’t normally live in England you may still be eligible.
- You can study at university or by distance learning
- You don’t have to replay your loan until you have finished or left your course and are in work and earning over £21,000 a year. The amount you repay is calculated at a rate of 6% of your income over £21,000.
Further information on the Postgraduate Loans, Eligibility and Repayment can be found here.
Some useful information and guides can be found here:
Or for more information, please contact our Student Finance Office:
Tel: 03331 224 359
Fax: 020 7404 1389