Career Guarantee Scholarship
Awarded by BPP University Law School
As part of its commitment to developing your legal career, BPP University Law School is offering over £300,000 worth of merit-based scholarships across this academic year to applicants with a genuine commitment and the potential to succeed in their future legal career.
It is awarded at the discretion of the Directors of Programmes.
This scholarship is available by application to any applicant holding an offer to study either the GDL or LPC, including current BPP University Law School students, who meet the below criteria.
Am I eligible?
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- have applied for and been offered a place on the LPC or GDL;
- be able to demonstrate academic excellence, through achieving a 2:1 or above in your Undergraduate degree and/or GDL Commendation or above (predicted or obtained);
- be able to demonstrate a clear commitment towards a career within the legal profession; and
- meet the admission requirements for the LPC or GDL.
- You must not have sponsorship for the programme from elsewhere (from a sponsoring law firm or employer, or other sponsorship source)
How much is the scholarship worth?
This scholarship is worth £2500 for each successful candidate.
There is an overall scholarship fund of over £300,000 per academic year.
How do I apply?
To apply, please complete the Online Scholarship Application form and attach a copy of your most recent CV.
You will need to answer the following question included in the application form, in no more than 500 words: "Describe the range of the skills and experiences you have already acquired and explain why you feel these will be useful for your future legal career plans."
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide individual feedback on the outcome of your scholarship application. If you are unsuccessful in your application you will be notified by email and you will be invited to your preferred location to attend a CV workshop and have an opportunity to meet faculty on your chosen programme of study.
Scholarship dates and duration
Due to overwhelming demand, we are still in the process of reviewing scholarship applications for September 2017. We are currently working hard to review all submissions and will feedback to students as soon as possible.
- If you apply by 30 May you will be notified of the outcome of your award by 30 June.
- If you apply by 30 June you will be notified of the outcome of your award by 30 July.
- If you apply for a scholarship is by 30 July you will be notified of the outcome of your award by 30 August - please note this is the final deadline for applicants for the LPC.
- GDL only - if you apply by 15 September you will be notified of the outcome of your application by 30 September.
Terms and Conditions
Your Career Guarantee Scholarship award I and /or the Cohen Excellence Award is a discount set off against your fees for either the LPC or the GDL, the terms and conditions below set out the details of the arrangements for the awards:
Please note the BPP Scholarship terms and conditions below:
- Scholarship Awards act as a rebate on your course fees. In no circumstances will a cash prize be payable to award winners. If you pay your course fees by instalment then the rebate applies to the final instalments due to BPP.
- No refunds of Scholarship Awards can be given and if you do not take up your place then you lose your Scholarship Award rebate.
- Your Scholarship Award applies for entry in this academic intake (September 2017). Scholarship Awards cannot be transferred or deferred to entry in future intake.
- Your Scholarship Award is only valid in your allocated study centre and not transferable between centres.
- The Scholarship will be used to pay for part of your last instalment from your programme fees. Please ensure you make payment of the first instalment as usual and Student Finance will let you know when you can stop making instalment payments.