About BPP Pro Bono Centre
Pro bono is professional work undertaken voluntarily and without charge as a public service. Through our award-winning Pro Bono Centre, you can volunteer for a wide variety of projects, using your skills to improve access to justice for many, while gaining exposure to the problems facing vulnerable people in society.
This practical experience is an invaluable part of the training you will receive at BPP University Law School.
Our pro bono projects provide advice and assistance on many areas of law including employment, housing and family, and help local, national and international communities. All services are delivered by BPP Law School students with guidance from qualified lawyers.
Our philosophy and goals
- We recognise the inequality and injustice inherent in our society's unmet legal needs
- We strive to enhance access to justice by promoting and facilitating the provision of pro bono legal services by law students and lawyers
- We help local, national and international communities through a wide variety of projects
- We contribute to the profile of pro bono work undertaken by the legal community
Since the opening of BPP Pro Bono Centre in 2004, many of our projects have been recognized by leading industry awards, including at the LawWorks and Attorney General’s Student Awards, Halsbury Legal Awards and The Lawyer Awards.
BPP Legal Advice Clinics (BLAC) in London, Leeds and Manchester also hold the Advice Quality Standard, the mark of quality awarded to independent advice organisations.
The BPP Pro Bono Centre provides a wide variety of opportunities to match your interests and level of commitment. Current projects include:
- Employment Law Telephone Advice Line (ELTAL)
- BPP Legal Advice Clinics (BLAC)
- Legal Translation Service (LTS)
You can find a full list of opportunities available at your BPP University study centre here.
If you would like more information on pro bono opportunities, or to take part in a project, you can contact our Pro Bono Centre as soon as you have accepted your offer by emailing: email@example.com
If you are a current student wishing to volunteer for a project, please register with the Pro Bono Centre here: http://my.bpp.com/vle/course/view.php?id=7