Moving to a new country is an exciting time but there is a lot to do before you arrive. So we go out of our way to make the process as smooth as possible with support that starts right now.
Your offer package
Our International Team send you a pre-arrival package with your offer of a place at BPP University, so you can be confident you are getting the support you need even before you begin your studies.
Your offer pack includes:
- Details of your programme start date
- The address of your study centre
- Pre-Arrival Guide
- Terms and Conditions
Your acceptance documents
Once you have accepted your place and made the relevant payment, you will receive your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to apply for your TIER 4 student visa. The acceptance documents will also include further details on how to apply for your visa.
You'll also receive a Pre-Arrival Guide, which gives you essential information on living and studying in the UK, such as:
- Setting up a bank account
- Registering with a GP
- How to make the most of your studies
- Accommodation and Travel
- Immigration and visas.
The Pre-Arrival Guide is available here as a download:
International students interested in studying in the UK can register for one or more of our free webinars.
These webinars are specifically tailored for international students and will cover key topics, e.g. applying for your visa and entry requirements.
The international student webinars will also focus on the BPP University programmes available to you. A full list of our upcoming webinars can be found here
Your safety - insurance
It is important to note that all students must have suitable insurance to cover the costs of having to return home in an emergency or if you have an accident in the UK – "emergency repatriation".
In addition to insurance that covers some or all aspects of healthcare, you need insurance that covers your travel to the UK and accommodation (including cover for your belongings) while you are here.
Travel Costs to BPP University School of Foundation and English Language Studies
This information is designed to give you an idea on how much it might cost to get from the airport to central London, or to our centre at Shepherd’s Bush.
These costs are approximate and are applicable for June 2014:
Train Costs (Express service)
- Heathrow Airport to Paddington Station, London - £21.00
- Gatwick Airport to Victoria Station, London - £25.00
- Stanstead Airport to Liverpool Street Station, London - £25.00
(You will need an additional ticket for the Underground train on arrival – approx. £4.00 - 5.00 depending on which station you enter London.)
Booked in advance MiniCab Costs
- Heathrow Airport to Shepherd’s Bush Centre, London W12 8AA - £35.00
- Gatwick Airport to Shepherd’s Bush Centre, London W12 8AA - £65.00
- Stanstead Airport to Shepherd’s Bush Centre, London W12 8AA - £65.00
Black Cabs (considerably more expensive than MiniCabs)
- Heathrow Airport to Shepherd’s Bush Centre, London W12 8AA - £55.00
- Gatwick Airport to Shepherd’s Bush Centre, London W12 8AA - £90.00
- Stanstead Airport to Shepherd’s Bush Centre, London W12 8AA - £90.00
Airport pick-up service
Hosts International, our recommended Home Stay provider, can also arrange a pick-up service from any London airport to our London study centres. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit us online at BPP University Students' Association.