Business & Marketing (CIM)
Level 3, 4 Higher Apprenticeship
BPP's apprenticeship in Business & Marketing is designed for school or college leavers who have an aspiration to develop a successful career in Marketing.
This two part programme consists of two awards. The apprenticeship awarded by City & Guilds (C&G) and the Certificate in Professional Marketing awarded by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).
Apprentices will learn key business knowledge in finance, communication, marketing, customer service and innovation.
Suitable to train and develop talented staff in roles such as;
- Marketing Administrator
- Junior Marketing Executive
- Junior Marketing Assistant
Qualifications & study
This Apprenticeship covers:
- Level 3: Level 3 QCF Diploma in Business and Administration + Level 4 CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing
- Level 4: Level 4 QCF Diploma in Business and Professional Administration + Level 4 QCF Diploma in Business and Administration + Level 4 CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing
- Free 1 day Professional Development course from the BPP catalogue
- Added value training for your apprentice free of charge covering topics such as time management, being an effective team player and influencing skills.
- Functional skills - Level 1 or 2 dependent upon qualification level To cover Maths, English and IT skills required to develop and thrive within business
Business Apprenticeship – minimum 13 months
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are centred on providing the practical training and knowledge required for an apprentice to become a productive and an effective member of a team quickly.
Apprentices will be provided with an individual learning plan that will map out how these new skills will be developed over the length of their apprenticeship.
The learning will incorporate online BPP professional training both live and recorded (to fit around their travel and work commitments) as well as face-to-face coaching and mentoring from their work based assessor.
Level 4 CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing – 12 months
After completing the initial apprenticeship, apprentices will join the CIM cohort, working towards national CIM assessment criteria. Learning will incorporate both live and recorded online BPP professional training as well as email support from a BPP CIM tutor.
The Certificate consists of three distinct modules and will equip apprentices with the knowledge, skills and understanding to be able to perform at an operational level. It will give an understanding of the wider role of marketing and practical skills to apply within the workplace.
The qualification includes insight into marketing concepts and tools, integrated communications, customer experience and digital marketing.
Total length of programme
Level 3 Apprenticeship = minimum 13 months + 12 months for CIM Certificate
Level 4 CIM Certificate = minimum 18 months + 12 months for CIM Certificate
Please see the guidance on pay and conditions from Gov.uk for apprenticeships that last longer than 12 months, by clicking here
- Work in a relevant role for at least 30 hours a week
- Must not hold a level 4 or above qualification
- Provide the apprentice paid employment
- Support the apprentice to gain new skills
- Enable the apprentice one day per week to study
BPP expert & dedicated support
Consultancy and tailoring: Dedicated advice from an experienced apprenticeships team to design and establish your School Leaver Programmes or programmes incorporating apprenticeships matching and tailoring the apprenticeship to fit your business needs and develop talent. This will ensure all the vital skills integral to your business are included within the apprenticeship.
Recruitment: Through our free recruitment service we'll also help find you the right person for the job and we'll manage all the funding applications for you.
Training & on-going support:
During the initial Business and Marketing Level 3 apprenticeship there will be visits every 8-10 weeks from a dedicated Work Based Assessor will ensure your apprentice is on track to complete their work based experience and academic studies, and you will have the opportunity to feedback and tailor the programme further.
During the CIM Certificate in Professional marketing apprentices will be working to national assessments and deadlines, tutors will send weekly directional emails and offer online support and two telephone tutorials per module,
Rest assured you are in good hands with BPP.
Find you a role: We'll help find the perfect role for you with our recruitment service.
Training & Support:
During the initial Business and Marketing Level 3 and Level 4 apprenticeship your dedicated work-based assessor will ensure you are progressing and answer any queries. They will also be on hand via email/phone should you need to contact them in-between visits too.
During the CIM Certificate in Professional marketing you will join a cohort of other students and you will be working to national assessments and deadlines. The onus is on you to meet the needs of the schedule and tutors will send weekly directional emails and offer online support and two telephone tutorials per module,
Funding from the government to cover some or all of the training costs is available.
- Apprentices aged 16-18 are fully funded
- Apprentices aged 19+ are part funded and an employer contribution will be required.
Additional charges associated with your studies
For learners the following costs apply, it is recommended that these are employer-funded.
CIM Membership: £50
Note: memberships/admission fees with Professional Bodies may change annually – please refer to the CIM website for details.
Assessment fee per module:
- Module 1 – Marketing: £130
- Module 2 - Integrated Communications: £130
- Module 3 - Customer Experience or Digital Marketing: £130
Text books per module:
- Module 1 – Marketing: £52.99
- Module 2 - Integrated Communications: £49.99
- Module 3 - Customer Experience £25.99
Digital Marketing: £16.99
Note: Text books are needed to complete studies for each module and are available to purchase from BPP, please email CIMsupport@bpp.com.
This programme allows for progression from the Level 3 and 4 Business and Marketing Apprenticeship, as upon completion there is a progression opportunity to gain the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing over a 12 month period.
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) Professional Certificate will give a firm understanding of the principles of marketing and the skills to implement marketing activity at a tactical level