Providing Financial Services - Investment Operations (CISI)
This Investment Operation apprenticeship is the perfect introduction to the financial services industry. Designed to train and develop new administration and operational staff working in the investment sector the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) provides a solid understanding of industry regulation, operational risk and collective investment scheme administration.
Suitable to train and develop talented staff in roles such as;
- Trade processor
- Investment information administrator
- Account reconciliation administrator
- Corporate actions administrator
- Settlements administrator
- Investment performance administrator
Qualifications & study
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are centred on providing the practical training and knowledge required for an apprentice to become a productive and an effective member of a team quickly.
Apprentices will be provided with an individual learning plan that will map out how these new skills will be developed over the length of their apprenticeship.
The learning will incorporate online BPP professional training both live and recorded (to fit around their travel and work commitments) as well as face-to-face coaching and mentoring from their work based assessor.
Investment Operations level 3 covers;
- CISI Investment Operation Certificate (IOC)
This highly regarded global qualification will provide the apprentice with an overview of the financial services industry and will develop their knowledge in subjects which are relevant to the area they work in.
- City and Guilds Certificate in Providing Financial Services
This qualification shows practical competence and understanding in areas such as complying with financial services regulation, client relationship building and measuring performance of investments.
- Free 1 day Professional Development course from the BPP catalogue
Added value training for your apprentice free of charge covering topics such as time management, being an effective team player and influencing skills.
Length of programme
Level 3: Minimum 12 months
- Work in a relevant role for at least 30 hours a week
- Must not hold a level 4 or above qualification
- Provide the apprentice paid employment
- Support the apprentice to gain new skills
- Enable the apprentice one day per week to study
BPP expert & dedicated support
- Consultancy and tailoring: Dedicated advice from an experienced apprenticeships team to design and establish your School Leaver Programmes or programmes incorporating apprenticeships matching and tailoring the apprenticeship to fit your business needs and develop talent. This will ensure all the vital skills integral to your business are included within the apprenticeship.
- Recruitment: Through our free recruitment service we'll also help find you the right person for the job and we'll manage all the funding applications for you.
- Training & on-going support: Visits every 8-10 weeks from a dedicated Work Based Assessor will ensure your apprentice is on track to complete their work based experience and academic studies, and you will have the opportunity to feedback and tailor the programme further.
Rest assured you are in good hands with BPP.
- Find you a role: We'll help find the perfect role for you with our recruitment service.
- Training & Support: Your dedicated work-based assessor will visit every 8-10 weeks to ensure you are progressing and answer any queries. They will also be on hand via email/phone should you need to contact them in-between visits too.
Funding from the government to cover some or all of the training costs is available.
- Apprentices aged 16-18 are fully funded
- Apprentices aged 19+ are part funded and an employer contribution will be required.
Additional charges associated with your studies
For learners aged 19+ the following costs apply, it is recommended that these are employer-funded.
Registration with CISI: £55
Note: memberships/admission fees with Professional Bodies may change annually – please refer to the appropriate website for details.
Level 2 PFS Investment Operations
- Introduction to Securities ISA: £105
Level 3 PFS Investment Operations
- Introduction to Securities ISA: £105
- UK Financial Regulations: £165
- Tech Unit Choice: £165
Re-sit fees to repeat apply at the same costs stated above.
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are unique in that they offer qualifications aligned with professional institutions which allows the apprentice can use this as the first step on the ladder and progress to further qualifications. For example, level 2 apprenticeship all the way through to a postgraduate chartered qualification or even an MBA with BPP University.