Providing Financial Services - General Insurance (CII)
BPP's Professional Apprenticeship in Insurance is aimed at school or college leavers looking to develop an aspirational career in Financial Services. It provides technical knowledge using the Certificate CII qualification and work based competence using the Certificate in Providing Financial Services Once complete the apprentice has the opportunity to continue their learning to achieve Professional or Chartered status within the sector.
Suitable to train and develop talented staff in roles such as;
- Processing administrator
- Underwriting administrator
- Claims handling administrator
- Broking administrator
- Claims official
Qualifications & Study
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are centred on providing the practical training and knowledge required for an apprentice to become a productive and an effective member of a team quickly.
Apprentices will be provided with an individual learning plan that will map out how these new skills will be developed over the length of their apprenticeship.
The learning will incorporate online BPP professional training both live and recorded (to fit around their travel and work commitments) as well as face-to-face coaching and mentoring from their work based assessor.
Insurance level 3 covers;
This qualification provides the knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of insurance, including the main legal principles related to insurance contracts, the main regulatory principles related to insurance business and the key elements to protect consumers.
- Level 3 - CII Certificate in General Insurance
The Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry. It covers topics such as basic insurance principles including the regulatory environment, key insurance disciplines of underwriting and claims; and popular products including: motor, household, healthcare and packaged commercial insurances
- City and Guilds Certificate in Providing Financial Services
This qualification shows practical competence and understanding in areas such as complying with financial services regulation, processing claims & evaluating insurance products.
- Free 1 day Professional Development course from the BPP catalogue
Added value training for your apprentice free of charge covering topics such as time management, being an effective team player and influencing skills.
Length of programme
Level 3: Minimum 15 months
- Work in a relevant role for at least 30 hours a week
- Must not hold a level 4 or above qualification
- Provide the apprentice paid employment
- Support the apprentice to gain new skills
- Enable the apprentice one day per week to study
BPP expert & dedicated support
- Consultancy and tailoring: Dedicated advice from an experienced apprenticeships team to design and establish your School Leaver Programmes or programmes incorporating apprenticeships matching and tailoring the apprenticeship to fit your business needs and develop talent. This will ensure all the vital skills integral to your business are included within the apprenticeship.
- Recruitment: Through our free recruitment service we'll also help find you the right person for the job and we'll manage all the funding applications for you.
- Training & on-going support: Visits every 8-10 weeks from a dedicated Work Based Assessor will ensure your apprentice is on track to complete their work based experience and academic studies, and you will have the opportunity to feedback and tailor the programme further.
Rest assured you are in good hands with BPP.
- Find you a role: We'll help find the perfect role for you with our recruitment service.
- Training & Support: Your dedicated work-based assessor will visit every 8-10 weeks to ensure you are progressing and answer any queries. They will also be on hand via email/phone should you need to contact them in-between visits too.
Funding from the government to cover some or all of the training costs is available.
- Apprentices aged 16-18 are fully funded
- Apprentices aged 19+ are part funded and an employer contribution will be required.
Additional charges associated with your studies
For learners aged 19+ the following costs apply, it is recommended that these are employer-funded.
Registration with CII: £115
Note: memberships/admission fees with Professional Bodies may change annually – please refer to the appropriate website for details.
Level 3 PFS General Insurance
- IF1: £100
- IF2: £100
Re-sit fees to repeat apply at the same costs stated above.
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are unique in that they offer qualifications aligned with professional institutions which allows the apprentice can use this as the first step on the ladder and progress to further qualifications. For example, level 2 apprenticeship all the way through to a postgraduate chartered qualification or even an MBA with BPP University.