Higher Apprenticeship in Human Resource Management (CIPD)
Levels 5: Higher Apprenticeship
BPP's Professional Apprenticeship in Human Resource Management is aimed to train and develop new staff in a HR management function. On successful completion of the CIPD's Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources, candidates can apply to upgrade to Associate membership using a bespoke upgrade application form designed specifically for Higher Apprentices.
Suitable to train and develop talented staff in roles such as;
- HR Executive
- HR Officer
- Assistant HR Manager
- Assistant HR Advisor
Qualifications & study
The apprenticeship is delivered using a combination of 10 days of classroom tuition, online learning, tailored assignments, work-based learning and gathering a portfolio of supporting evidence. The learner journey also includes a 2-day student induction prior to commencing the CIPD programme.
HR Management Level 5 covers;
- CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources
Qualification covering knowledge and application:
- Resourcing and talent planning
- Performance management
- Employee engagement
- Human resource development
- Employment Law
- Reward Management
Upon successful completion of the CIPD qualification, the apprentice will be awarded with the Higher Apprenticeship in HR Management at Level 5; equivalent to second-year degree. The apprentice can then apply to upgrade to Associate membership through the CIPD.
- Free 1 day Professional Development course from the BPP catalogue
Added value training for your apprentice free of charge covering topics such as time management, being an effective team player and influencing skills.
Length of programme
Level 5: 21 - 24 months
- Work in a relevant role for at least 30 hours a week
- Must not hold a level 5 or above qualification
- Provide the apprentice paid employment
- Support the apprentice to gain new skills
- Enable the apprentice one day per week to study
BPP expert & dedicated support
- Consultancy and tailoring: Dedicated advice from an experienced apprenticeships team to design and establish your School Leaver Programmes or programmes incorporating apprenticeships matching and tailoring the apprenticeship to fit your business needs and develop talent. This will ensure all the vital skills integral to your business are included within the apprenticeship.
- Recruitment: Through our free recruitment service we'll also help find you the right person for the job and we'll manage all the funding applications for you.
- Training & on-going support: support from your dedicated Work Based Assessor will ensure your apprentice is on track to complete their work based experience and academic studies, and you will have the opportunity to feedback and tailor the programme further.
Rest assured you are in good hands with BPP.
- Find you a role: We'll help find the perfect role for you with our recruitment service.
- Your dedicated work-based assessor will be on hand via email/phone should you need to contact them.
Funding from the government to cover some or all of the training costs is available.
- Apprentices aged 16-18 are fully funded
- Apprentices aged 19+ are part funded and an employer contribution will be required.
Additional charges associated with your studies
For learners aged 19+ the following costs apply, it is recommended that these are employer-funded.
CIPD Student Membership
- Admission fee: £40.00
- Subscription fee: £118.00
Note: memberships/admission fees with Professional Bodies may change annually – please refer to the appropriate website for details.
BPP Professional Apprenticeships are unique in that they offer qualifications aligned with professional institutions which allows the apprentice can use this as the first step on the ladder and progress to further qualifications.
Once an apprentice has completed this level, they could then continue with BPP to complete their Chartered Qualification in HR.