BPP Law School
A reputation for excellence
Students choose to study at BPP Law School because of our reputation for excellence, a reputation that is built on our proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in law.
It's no coincidence that 38 of the leading law firms send their trainees exclusively to us for their legal training.
We pride ourselves on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education and continuously look at ways to enhance our offering and your learning experience. It’s vital you leave us with the core skills and a competitive advantage.
We have a history of 'firsts':
- City LPC – the first tailored specialist LPC
- Accelerated LPC – the first short form LPC
- Fast Track LPC – the first short form LPC for the general market
- Integrated LPC – the first LPC to integrate electives with the training contract (for Eversheds)
- LLM Professional Legal Practice- the first LPC plus 60 credits of practice orientated research projects
- MA Law with Business – the first LPC plus 60 credits of business modules
- MBA Legal Services – the first law firm-specific MBA
- Fully online GDL
- LLB for practice – the first practice-facing LLB
We lead the way in innovative education, and we are working hard behind the scenes to ensure you have the best opportunities available to you. All aimed at building strong CVs and successful futures.
Legal programmes and law qualifications
We offer the most in-demand and up-to-date legal programmes, all delivered in a variety of flexible formats.
Programmes awarded by BPP University
- LLB (Hons)
- LLB (Hons) International Commercial Law
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)*
- Graduate LLB
- Legal Practice Course (LPC)*
- Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)*
- LLM (Commercial Law)
- LLM (Comparative Commercial Law)
- LLM (Financial Regulation and Compliance)
- LLM (International Business Law)
- LLM (Professional Legal Practice)
- MA (LPC with Business)*
- LLM (International and Comparative Tax Law) - from January 2013
- LLM (Trans-national Criminal Justice) - from January 2013
- LLM (Islamic Finance and Business Law) - from May 2013
- LLM (Chinese Business and Investment Law) - from May 2013
* Eligible for Law Loan from Investec
Programmes managed by BPP University
The following law related awards are managed by BPP University but are not BPP University programmes or awards.
- Bar Transfer Test (BTT) (awarded by the Bar Standards Board)
Programmes managed by BPP Professional Education
The following law related awards are offered by BPP Professional Education but are not BPP University programmes or awards.
- Professional Skills Course (PSC) (awarded by the Solicitors Regulation Authority)
- Higher Rights of Audience (HRA) (awarded by the Solicitors Regulation Authority)
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT) (awarded by the Solicitors Regulation Authority)
- New York Bar (NYB) (awarded by New York State Board of Law Examiners)
- Legal CPD
A certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited following attendance, which should then be submitted to the appropriate professional awarding body.
Whether you want to become a solicitor or barrister or are already qualified we’ll have a programme to suit your needs.
UK law school locations
BPP Law School is based in nine city-centre locations in the UK:
Schools in these locations give us excellent links to the legal profession and strong connections with leading firms.
Our buildings are designed to prepare you for a professional legal environment. They combine comfort and innovation and are equipped with state-of-the art facilities, and in most locations mock courtrooms.
From the bright and spacious classrooms to the software we use, we aim to make sure your everyday learning experience is 100% professionally oriented. This means that when you enter professional legal practice, you'll feel completely at home.
Teaching quality at BPP law school
Our teaching methods focus on equipping our students with practical skills and relevant knowledge. We combine the academic excellence of a university with the real-life focus of a professional firm, and we offer practice-facing degrees with a strong commercial flavour.
Furthermore, most of our tutors are professionally qualified and experienced. They bring real-life scenarios to the classroom, providing a unique, engaging and interactive classroom experience. Of course, we want you to pass your exams – and most of our students do so with excellent results – but above all want to make sure you're ready to go out and practice.
Throughout your time at BPP Law School, we'll provide you with expert support and career guidance. We have an outstanding Law School careers service which offers all kinds of information and advice to help you secure a training contract or pupillage, plus a weekly email newsletter.
Support your legal career with access to practice
We also run a very successful Access to Practice scheme for students with limited contacts in the legal profession. If you're accepted onto the scheme, you'll be linked with a professional mentor from a law firm. They provide a vital point of contact and insight into the legal profession, plus advice on applications, CVs and interviews.
Find out more about Access to Practice
Legal profession links
We work closely with a variety of law firms, chambers and government bodies to ensure you have access to legal employers during your studies. With these partners we provide a range of initiatives to help you secure a training contract or pupillage, including annual law fairs, diversity access schemes and employer presentations.
Read more about our links with the profession
Award-winning Pro Bono Centre
BPP's Pro Bono Centre operates a wide variety of pro bono projects around the UK. These projects enable students to put their legal skills and knowledge into practice in a way that benefits members of the community who might not have access to legal services.
The diverse projects include a Legal Advice Clinic, public legal education programmes in prisons, homeless shelters and schools and a Human Rights Unit. Students have opportunities to work alongside law firms and NGOs with their community projects.
All projects allow students to understand the relevance of law in real-world situations and to recognise the value of their skills and knowledge to the vulnerable in society.
BPP's Pro Bono Centre is a crucial component of the BPP Law School. The Pro Bono Centre's projects have won several awards. Read more about our award-winning Pro Bono Centre